Paving costs explained.
When we examine paving costs, there are many things that need to be taken into account. Materials needed for a driveway or a swimming pool or even just a pathway can vary.
Most people simply get a few quotes from different companies and then select the cheapest. Very few people query why a certain company is very cheap but still use them. Expensive is not always right and nor is the cheapest always right. You need to do homework before laying out a fortune on paving, it will save you money.
Let’s look at some of the factors that make up the cost when installing paving:-
- Bricks make up 50% or more of the paving costs and this is dependent on the selection. There are bevel bonds, flagstones, clay and broken brick cobble, all of which are priced differently.
- Plus, the selection of a cement grade can also effect the cost, durability and life of the installation.
- River sand and plaster sand are used for bedding the paving and the grouting. Distance from the suppliers can effect the delivery charges.
- Compaction equipment is critical in the installation as the area to be paved needs to be leveled and compacted. The ground compaction is critical to ensure that the installation will not have areas that sink.
- Cutting disks and a good grinding machine is needed to cut or trim the bricks where needed.
- Labour is critical and can often be overlooked. Experienced labour will often be obvious during the installation and create confidence in the mind of the home owner.
- Then there are the delivery costs which vary depending on the distance the manufacturer or supplier is from the delivery point.
- Finally there is the rubble removal costs which are more often avoided in the initial discussion by the salesman.
Unfortunately there are short cuts to everything mentioned above. Cheap non guaranteed bricks, inexperienced installers, cheap materials and broken machinery create additional costs.
Always get a recognized paving company to install your paving. Ensure that your money is well spent and your paving will stand the test of time.
Read some of the comments regarding Aztec Paving by clicking on the link https://g.page/pavingpro